Life Care Center of Elkhorn, in a small suburb of Omaha, Nebraska, has easy access to all the city has to offer. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau provides links to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in and around the city.
- The Heartland of America Park features a 300-foot water jet and fountain, Lewis and Clark exhibit, memorial sculptures and a walking bridge connecting to the Lewis and Clark Landing.
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium features the only exhibit with a lemur walkway, where visitors can walk in the treetops amongst a group of ruffed lemurs.
- Built in 1931, the Joslyn Art Museum is one of the best examples of Art Deco in the United States and features galleries and a 1,000-seat concert hall.
- The Strategic Air and Space Museum has more than 300,000 square feet of exhibit, education and event space and is dedicated to preserving the history of aircraft used during the Cold War by the Strategic Air Command.